Offers Above $129,000
It’s very hard to find 2.18-acre blocks in the current market as they get snapped up very quickly, so here’s a heaven-sent opportunity for a savvy and quick-acting buyer.
Most people’s ideal lifestyle/hobby block is neither too big, nor too small. You usually need to fit in a fair size home, maybe a granny flat/workroom or art studio as well; sheds, fruit trees and vege gardens plus have some elbow room to keep the wife, kids and animals happy – but not at the expense of spending most of your free time maintaining it all. If a very affordable 2.18 acres or 0.89 hectare is what you and your family have been dreaming of, then this is your lucky day!
The block is situated near the end of a peaceful no-through road with very little traffic, yet only 3 minutes’ drive or 2 km to Mount Barker CBD, so it really enjoys the best of both worlds.
This block has a battle-axe entry form where the sandy terrain slopes slightly upwards towards the back – ideal for great drainage, privacy and views. Mt Barker is well known for producing some of the best fruit in all of Australia, so the soil and temperate weather should be enough to tempt you into harvesting your own fresh produce.
Whether you build a single or double-story home, you will easily clear the roof of the home in front and can enjoy the views towards the tallest free-standing TV tower in the southern hemisphere – 184-meters high, on the summit of a green hill. On a clear day you can enjoy views from the hill’s lookout – north to the magnificent Stirling Ranges and east to Porongurup, believed to be the oldest range in the world. Look south to find Albany and southwest towards Denmark. How wonderful it is to be surrounded by all this incredible history and beauty which prompt most people to enjoy a more active and healthier lifestyle by exploring all these natural wonders – whether it’s the walking trails, pristine beaches where you’re often the only person for miles; art, fauna or flora. Finish off your day with a glass of award-winning wine from the numerous top-shelve wineries in the area or grab a very smooth bottle of whiskey at Limeburners in Albany. In 2017 they won the trophy at the American Distilling Institute’s spirit awards for the best international whisky in the world! Oh yes, there’s truly something here to excite everyone!
Years ago, this block and the house in front were subdivided to form two blocks. In the process, the owner had to build the current laneway in order to get the subdivision approval. An easement was created in line with the current road (about 10 meters long) towards the back fence, so you cannot build on this little stretch. It wouldn’t make much sense to build this close to the boundary anyway, but bear the limitation in mind as it has been noted on the title deed. The block has been cleared which leaves you with a blank canvas from where you can change your dreams into reality.
What you need to know:
- 8,819 m2/ 2.18 acres or 0.89 ha of cleared, prime land
- Situated near the end of a quiet, no-through road, yet close to town
- Slight slope ensures good drainage, privacy and views
- Battle-axe driveway with an easement along the drive towards the back fence
- Ideal for hobby/retired farmers or someone who wants extra space without too much work
- Current rates and taxes are roughly $1,070 per year inclusive of a waste levy and emergency services levy
- Underground power and telephone connections are available
- Septic tanks with leach drains are mostly used in this area although deep sewer is available if you wanted to connect
- A front fence is already in place on the boundary of the lovely green-roof home, the far side fence with green Colourbond is 2/3rds complete – a new built home is near completion so they might continue that fence for you… The back and roadside boundaries have wire-fencing and are in a reasonable condition so should last a few more years but ideally would need replacement when you’re ready to build a new home.
- It’s a very popular land size in a fantastic position, so be quick as it’s been priced to sell!
- There are no time limits on building.
- Whether you’re buying it as your dream building block or as an investment for the future, you can’t go wrong. More and more people are recognising the need for space and tranquillity so a medium lifestyle block like this should remain a popular choice.
- Qualified buyers are invited to submit their best offers above $129,000 for this property.
- Please contact Jess, the exclusive agent on 0410 631 335 for more information.
- Best of luck!