This spacious, modern property is definitely NOT your average 4×2 Yakamia home. What you see from the outside doesn’t prepare you for what’s inside…
A wide entry hall with gorgeous tiles sets the scene of what’s to come. I love the way the entry was designed for privacy, so you can’t see into the living areas from the front door. This feature immediately suggests that a lot of forethought went into the overall design of the home – and it was.
Immediately on your right is a large family room, set up as a theatre room.
Next door is the private, king-size master suite with its walk-in robe, shower and basin and yes, a separate water closet. It also has its own reverse cycle air conditioning.
Continue down the tiled corridor to the open plan kitchen/dining/lounge area overlooking the under-main roof patio and the grassed backyard. Reverse cycle air conditioning keeps this area cool in summer and cosy in winter when needed.
The modern, compact kitchen boasts a 900 mm oven and hob, a dishwasher, plenty of cupboards and workbenches and a picture window over the sink. I was delighted by the inclusion of a large, practical open pantry/workbench as you enter from the double garage into the home – how convenient… The benchtop and cupboards can store all your bigger appliances that take up so much space in a normal kitchen, enabling uncluttered kitchen space in the open plan area.
The light and bright open-plan lounge area are opposite the kitchen with the dining area to the right. The under-roof patio area forms a focal point for this home and looks inviting with its bright cushions and BBQ. The back wall is high, ensuring privacy.
Entrance to the family area with a full family bathroom, a separate water closet, the laundry, 3 queen size bedrooms with robes and the activity area/study/5th bedroom leads off from the open space next to the dining area.
Enter the corridor to find a queen-sized bedroom on your right – currently the baby’s bedroom.
Backing the open plan area (on the left as we continue down the corridor) is a spacious office/activity room, which could easily be utilised as bedroom 5 if needed, due to its generous size. It cleverly shares a high window with the lounge area, so enjoys plenty of light, yet privacy. You’d still have a large family room at the entrance as well as the lounge as entertainment areas if you converted it into a guest bedroom or child’s room. The tenants are currently using this space as a storage room.
Opposite bedroom 5 is the family bathroom with a bath, shower and basin in beautiful neutral tones. The shared water closet is conveniently separate.
The laundry is next door with a good-sized linen cupboard, while a glass sliding door provides direct access to the washing line in the backyard.
At the end of the corridor overlooking the backyard is mirror-imaged bedrooms 3 and 4. They’re queen size with built-in cupboards, very private, light and bright.
A double gate at the side of the home allows secure side access over grassed lawns for a boat, caravan, trailer or extra cars. There is also a garden shed in the back corner. A demarcated area at the back fence is filled with quality soil for fruit trees, herbs and homegrown vegetables. A brick barrier between the lawn and vege patch ensures no grass/weed encroachment of the areas and makes it easy to whipper snip and keep the lawn tidy. Unfortunately, none of the tenants utilised this space over the last few years.
A good size water tank is placed near the kitchen area, but not connected to the kitchen yet.
The current rent is $430 per week with the contract expiring on the 8th of July 2021, thereafter periodically. If you’re looking for an investment property, or don’t want to move in immediately, the caring tenants would love to stay on and treat it as their own.
Not only is the house outstanding but it’s also in a super-convenient, highly-popular location, set in an enclave of newer, quality homes – just a few minutes’ walk to Yakamia Primary School and close to the bus stop, IGA North Road, North Road service station, TAFE, sport and recreational facilities, medical facilities and downtown Albany.
If you’re interested in a smart, beautifully designed and spacious home, then best be quick as this home will be snapped up in no time.
Please contact the EXCLUSIVE agent Jess Adams for more information and to book a viewing as there won’t be any home opens.
What you need to know:
- Spacious, well-designed Plunkett Home, finished December 2014
- 4 or 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, multiple entertainment areas on 680m2 block
- Stylish, easy-care tiles throughout, carpeted bedrooms and theatre room
- Remote double garage with direct entry to a large pantry/workbench/storage area
- 900 mm oven and hob; dishwasher
- Private, king-size master suite with large walk-in robe and reverse cycle air conditioning
- 3 Queen size family bedrooms with built-in robes
- Office/activity area can be used as bedroom 5
- Large, sunny open plan kitchen/dining/lounge with reverse cycle air conditioning
- Under main roof patio overlooking private backyard
- Gas HWC, water tank, garden shed
- Secure side access parking for boat, caravan, trailer or extra cars
- Light, bright interior due to large windows and house position
- Demarcated fruit and vege patch area along the back fence
- Super-convenient location and quiet neighbourhood, just a short hop to shops, schools, TAFE, sport and recreational amenities, medical facilities and downtown Albany.
- Nest or invest – current rental $430 per week with excellent tenants who’d love to stay
- 2019/2020 Rates and taxes $2,723.62
- Be quick!