Have you been yearning for a bit of space and tranquillity around you, want your kids to play outside more than in, want a substantial characterful home with many rooms easily converted to fill all your changing family needs? Do you insist on a modern kitchen and bathroom, space for a shed to tinker in, vege gardens, fruit trees, chooks and fresh rainwater?
Would you like a sunny patio to enjoy your morning coffee and a deck to enjoy a sundowner or two?
Let’s throw in substantial loft rooms plus a separate entry studio/granny flat, ideal for your mature child still living at home – or maybe your elderly parents?
Add to this a truly magical garden with lots of mature English and Australian trees, complete with a swing in the Old Australian Red Cedar tree and a cubby in the Jacaranda overhanging the side deck and a seat under the Old Oak tree. Can you picture little ones safely climbing the luscious Mulberry tree to reach the juicy black fruit – getting stains on their fingers, mouths and clothes – the laughter and smiles on their faces?
You rarely find a property that ticks so many boxes, so let’s put this one to the test to see if it will suit your extensive list:
• You need at least 4 bedrooms – 4 down + the loft rooms, so you will have potentially 6! √
• Want a modern kitchen and bathroom? The home is a 1960’s built but was renovated in the 1980’s and recently refreshed again. Brand new oven and hob in the kitchen as well as a brand new separate loo as well. √
• Want space to move and breathe, close to town yet rural? It’s only 2 km from town and one of only a handful of its size zoned rural. (2,833 m2) √
• Dreaming of fruit trees, vege patches, chooks, rain water and a more self-sustainable lifestyle? There are lemons, peaches, nectarines, apricots, apples, mandarins, mulberries and figs – to mention but a few. A large, modern chook pen is near the massive Elk tree with the kids swing and there’s a large rainwater tank on the side of the house. Raised vege beds are ready for your choice of home grown produce. √
• Want your kids to be kids and run around barefoot, climbing trees and enjoying more of an outdoor life rather than sitting inside playing with electronics? √
• Have an older child still living at home, or grandma/grandpa who needs their own space? Well, there’s a double garage at the end of the house half converted already. √
• Maybe you need a separate studio or art room – well then you’ve got a choice of two. Either the big bedroom in the loft room or the 6×6 sqm studio/granny flat. There’s water, electricity and an extra toilet already in place. This is also an ideal space for a workshop. √
• Got a cranky teenager that needs space? The loft has a large bedroom, a sitting area/second bedroom in the middle and a special little room for storage. There are loads of windows and lovely views over the Jacaranda tree and orchards. It will be ideal! √
• Is the property easy to maintain? Yes it is – yet zoned rural. It’s fully fenced so secure for pets and kids. √
• Neighbours? The neighbour’s property is the highly rated Floating Forest Retreat, a 30 acre karri and tingle forest providing a unique hideaway for couples, so chances of a big development on your doorstep isn’t very good.. √
• What else of interest is in the area? It’s on a major tourist route yet only a few minutes’ drive from town. A well-known brewery, Denmark Brews and Ales, is just up the road. It has floor-to-ceiling windows and beautiful views down Mt Shadforth to Wilson Inlet and Radcliffe Bay. Mount Shadforth Lookout is the highest point along the drive and an ideal place for a picnic in the cleared paddock where you can admire the fields, forests, inlet and ocean around you. The beauty and serenity of this area is truly magnificent. √
The cherry on top of all of this deliciousness is definitely the asking price – under $500, 000!
I’ve got serious sellers looking for serious buyers so please act quickly if you’re interested in a better family lifestyle?
This property is exclusive to Jess, based in Albany only 30 minutes away. Please contact me on 0410 631 335 for a private viewing. You’ll be so glad you did!