Oh my goodness, if you’re a big family and need 5 bedrooms PLUS a studio/granny flat then look no further – this is it!
This delightfully quirky home is filled with character, light, colour and lots of good vibes.
The large block of 913 m2 accommodates the double-story home, a double garage, wood and garden shed, extra parking spaces, caravan and trailer parking at the front and side of the home, a studio/granny flat and multiple sitting and play areas in the yard – even a purpose-built half basketball court behind the shed! More than enough to keep everyone in the family happy.
Enter from the front patio and the first thing you notice is the neat and practical kitchen overlooking the backyard. It boasts a beautiful 900mm Italian-made oven and stove (still new), a Miele dishwasher, a single sink, double pantry cupboards and a large island bench. There are extra cupboards on the side and the fridge and deep freeze fit perfectly in the nook under the staircase.
Left of entry is a semi-en-suite, queen-sized bedroom – complete with built-in cupboards. The bathroom consists of a shower with a deep base which can be used as a shallow bath – ideal for children or older people, while the neat double basins were recently upgraded. A separate loo is conveniently opposite the laundry area, near the backdoor.
To the right of the kitchen is a large dining and family room with a choice of gas heating or a wood fireplace to keep the home snugly in winter. The chimney extends through bedroom 5 which ensures that the upstairs areas can enjoy the warmth too. Large glass doors lead to the gorgeous under-roof entertainment area and provide quick undercover access to the studio/granny flat.
The granny flat was added in 2000 and consists of a large open plan area with a sink, fridge, microwave and its own shower and toilet. Roof and wall insulation was added to dull potential noise which makes it an ideal teenager’s retreat or family entertainment area. It’s also ideal for intergenerational living or to accommodate extra guests when necessary. Note that it was recently rented out at $220 per week, so can provide an additional income as well.
Upstairs consists of a cosy sitting/play area, an open study or office nook and 4 very spacious bedrooms – at least queen-sized. There aren’t any built-in cupboards but there is plenty of space to add these should you need to.
The enclosed backyard is ideal for kids and pets with enough space for a game of cricket, soccer, basketball or even a slippery slide. Raised vege patches complete the very homely picture.
If you’ve been waiting for an affordable character home with intergenerational living potential or part rental potential; close to Yakamia School, North Road IGA and town, then this is it! The position couldn’t be more convenient – the bus stop is just around the corner too.
Qualified buyers are invited for private viewings with the exclusive agent Jess. Best be quick as this stunner was priced for a quick sale and will be snapped up in no time!
What you need to know:
- 1985 Built 5-bedroom character home with 1 bathroom
- 2000 Built insulated granny flat/studio/games room with a kitchenette, shower and toilet
- Potential rental income for studio around $220 p/week
- Large secure block of 913 m2 ideal for kids, pets, fruit trees and veges
- 6×6 m2 double garage, 3×3 m2 garden shed + a woodshed
- Lovely, practical kitchen with upmarket appliances
- Large lounge/dining room with wood and gas heating
- Semi-en suite bedroom downstairs
- 4 Bedrooms + sitting area and study nook upstairs
- Space to park a caravan, under-roof parking for 2 cars + double garage
- Lean-to at front of the house for a trailer
- House – upper and lower floors 86 m2 each, verandah 43 m2, total 215 m2
- Games room/studio 7×5 m2 and patio 5×5 m2
- Plans available for the successful buyer
- Fantastic position close to town, Yakamia School and North IGA
- Sewer connected and instantaneous gas heating
- Rates and Taxes 2019/20 – $2,456.20
- Priced to sell, so be quick! Phone Jess NOW on 0410 631 335