It’s not often that you find anything for sale in this prime agriculture area and when it comes along, it usually sells quickly.
This farm consists of 64.84 ha/160 acres with a neat 3×2 home and a huge variety of sheds. It’s located at the very end of Redmond-Hay River Road, so extremely private, roughly 37 minutes’ drive or 42 km from Albany.
From Albany, continue on Albany Highway/State Route 30 for 14.7 km, turn left onto Redmond-Hay River Road, after the train crossing, you’ll see the sign to turn right past the fire shed to stay on Redmond-Hay River Road. Continue for 14.3 km. The road turns into a well-maintained gravel road. Continue straight and pass two unmarked bridges – the first is the Hay River bridge and the second, Moore River bridge.
Redmond-Hay River Road turns into Blue Gum Road, where it connects with The Pass Road that veers off to the right. Keep going straight – you’ll note that the road narrows a little from here. At the very end of this road, you’ll see number 30 on the gate straight ahead. Enter and continue to the home a few hundred meters ahead.
This property boasts all-year-round water from 2 connected soaks near the home and another near the back boundary. A creek flows through this property which makes it ideal for cattle, horses or other livestock – and of course agriculture. The farm used to produce wildflowers so the irrigation is still intact if you’re interested in continuing the business.
Water tanks provide water for the home, firefighting equipment and garden irrigation while electricity is generated by 26 solar panels that supply the house with 1.6 kVA (24 volts) and the main shed with 1.3 kVA (12 volts). A backup generator is located on the concreted extension at the back of the home.
Enter the home from the large, concreted section at the back. This area was used for the production and packing of wildflowers but also makes a great, sheltered entertainment area. It can be closed off completely or left open on both ends.
On the left, as you enter the concrete slab at the back, you’ll find 3 smaller sheds. One contains firefighting equipment; another house the big generator for backup power and the third is used as wood storage for the solid fuel water heating system of the home. There is plenty of wood available on the land, so this is a huge saving on electricity and gas bills.
On the right of entry, you’ll find a nook with tables and chairs, the solar equipment – batteries and meters and a third toilet near the entrance to the home.
Enter into the kitchen with a large pantry on the left, plenty of bench and cupboard space, an electric free-standing stove and hob and lovely views out of the windows.
From here you enter the large dining area or second lounge which flows into the main lounge, complete with a wood fire for heating and French doors leading out to the front patio.
On the righthand side of the lounge is bedroom two, the family bathroom cum laundry consisting of a shower, basin and toilet with a door to the side deck and bedroom three. The bedrooms are all queen size with free standing cupboards and large windows that allows plenty of light and sunshine in.
To the right of the lounge is the lovely master en suite. It’s a king-size bedroom with a modern bathroom consisting of a free-standing bath, large shower, toilet suite and a basin. Behind the bathroom is another big room (single bedroom size) that is used as a walk-in robe and for extra storage. A large window faces towards the front deck while double French doors open out to a secluded side deck.
The sheds are too numerous to mention but in short, there are 3 main lots of sheds on the property. There is undercover storage for a caravan or boat, a large modern shed with a hoist (own solar power), smaller storage rooms and lean-tos, work and tool sheds and firefighting sheds.
If you ever considered going off-grid and want something tranquil and quiet, then here’s your chance. The basics are all set and the land is easily adaptable to your needs.
Many more pictures can be found on my webpage in the Buy section: https://www.jessadamsrealty.com.au/
Please contact the exclusive agent Jess on 0410 631 335 to book a private viewing. At this price, it shouldn’t be missed!
What you need to know:
- 64.84 ha/160 acres of prime agriculture land – rural
- Completely off the grid – water tanks and solar systems on the house and the big shed (with the hoist)
- Rough estimate of 30 acres developed, 10 cropable and 5 acres parkland. Neighbouring farms – cattle and horses.
- Soil types gravel, sand and clay
- Very neat 3×2 home with decks on 3 sides and a big, enclosed concrete slab at the back
- Big master en suite with a large walk-in room (single bedroom size) used as a robe and extra storage space. French doors lead out to a private side deck.
- Lounge opens out with French doors to the front deck of the home
- Large second bathroom also functions as the laundry
- Extensive concreting done behind home – all undercover. Can park cars there, entertainment area, third loo in this area, 3 neat sheds on the side – 1 for firefighting equipment, 1 as wood storage for solid fuel heating and the other has a big generator for backup power.
- Big shed roughly 270 m2, chook shed (3 sheds with chook pen behind it – 72 m2 enclosed and another shed of about 36 m2 enclosed. A variety of open sheds and lean-tos for farm equipment and machinery.
- Solar power – 26 panels
- House 1.6 kVA (24 volts) and shed 1.3 kVA (12 volts)
- Was a wildflower farm but not in operation anymore – all the pipes and irrigation are still there so it’s good to go if you want to restart the business
- Variety of water tanks – house, irrigation and fire fighting
- 2 Soaks and a creek runs over the property – water all year round.
- Wood water heating, fireplace in the lounge
- All fenced and in good condition – plain wire with pickets
- At the end of the road, so very private and quiet
- Prolific fauna and flora – a haven for bird watchers.
- Be quick!