If you’re after a fabulous horse property or have been looking for a peaceful lifestyle property within 30 minutes’ drive from Albany then take note of this rare beauty.
There is so much I’d like to show you about this special property, so the pics are in collage form to make the most of the space available on normal websites.
The property is zoned priority agriculture with 15.2 ha/ 37.5 acres currently set up as a horse training facility with 5 shelters, 5 yards and 3 big sheds – and a gorgeous 4/5-bedroom home! A dream come true for many.
The solid home (circa 1990’s build) has strong jarrah window frames, polished jarrah floors and is built out of mudbricks which as many of us know, has wonderful insulation properties. The layout is spacious and open plan with verandahs all around the home and lots of big windows overlooking the garden and yards in all directions, without any glimpses of neighbours. Just perfect.
A basic house plan is included in the last collage pic and council approved plans are available, so let me walk you through the house first.
On entry into the open plan dining/kitchen/first lounge area, you immediately notice the gleaming jarrah floors, awesome farm style kitchen and lovely views through all the windows. To the right, behind the lounge is a sewing room/study or bedroom 5 with the king-sized master suite at the far end with its own shower, toilet and basin and a full wall of built-in cupboards.
The lounge has a wood fire as well as a reverse cycle air conditioner to heat or cool the home to suit your needs and all the bedrooms are equipped with ceiling fans to move hot or cool air around. A large laundry area and a separate toilet are directly opposite the first lounge, providing a direct exit to the back verandah and washing line.
To the left of the dining/kitchen area is a partly-partitioned second lounge and access to the family bathroom (spa bath, shower, basin and toilet). Next door is the blue queen-sized bedroom (3) overlooking the back garden with another queen-sized bedroom (4) overlooking the gorgeous back fields and finally a huge, king-sized bedroom (5) with stunning views over the front yard and beyond. The openness and views from the home can only be appreciated in person as photographs only show a glimpse of the vastness.
The home is serviced by a rainwater tank while a bore takes care of all other water needs. A small winter creek crosses the property.
The property has 3 fantastic sheds. The one closest to the home is a high-span, zincalume-cladded shed of 10.5 x 14m with 4 skylights and 3mH x 3.5mW double-slider openings – council approved plans available.
Next to this shed is a handy open-front, 4-bay hay shed (roughly 17 x 8 m) but wait until you see what we call the stable shed! It’s an enormous shed by all standards but what makes it extraordinary is the jarrah-lined stables; convenient, lockable tack room and the two huge sliding doors at both ends enabling you to open or close a side as and when needed.
This shed is 12m long with a 7m span with a steel frame and of steel cladded construction. The 3 bays are evenly spread on the side and the effective design height is 4 metres. Definitely impressive and any horse-lover of hobby farmer’s dream. Council approved plans are available.
The topography of the land is ideal with sloping ground, so no damage was done after the severe rainstorms we’ve recently experienced which affected so many properties in lower-lying areas. The home is in an elevated position with the dam at the lowest point.
Very good electric fences surround the property. The horses have 5 shelters and the 5 paddocks are under clover. There are also a few cows, chooks and ducks, a variety of fruit trees and a herb garden which adds to the cosy farm feel of the property.
A few items like a generator, mower etc are included in the sale while other items can be negotiated with the owner once the contract is unconditional.
This property is truly a rare find so if you’re a qualified buyer, don’t delay contacting the exclusive agent Jess for a private viewing. I promise you’ll be very impressed.
What you need to know:
- 15.2ha/37.5acres of priority agriculture land on sloping ground
- Less than 28 minutes’ drive from Albany, only 1 km of good gravel road at the turnoff
- Solid home with 4 bedrooms + study/sewing room – or 5 bedrooms
- 2 living areas, 2 bathrooms, 3 toilets
- Jarrah window frames, polished jarrah floors, mudbrick construction circa 1990’s
- Woodfire, reverse cycle air conditioner, fans in bedrooms for heating/cooling
- Gorgeous views through big windows in all the room
- Verandahs all around the home, cottage garden
- 3 sheds in total, including two newish ones – one with jarrah lined stables and a tuck room
- Gas bottles, country kitchen with shelved pantry, gas oven and hob
- House on rainwater, bore water for all outdoor needs
- Arena near dam, 5 horse shelters, 5 paddocks under clover
- Surrounded by good electric fences
- Quiet neighbourhood, don’t see neighbours from the house
- Shared backroad leads to 1 more property behind this home
- Mostly cleared but patches of trees and shelter for animals
- Chook and duck pen, woodshed
- House and sheds council approved
- Rare to find a manageable size of land this close to Albany
- Priced to sell, settlement preferable with a 60-day clause for relocation purposes
- Qualified buyers invited for private viewings with Jess Adams
- Be quick as this won’t be on the market for long. Good luck! 🙂