Offers Above $343,000
If you’re looking for a neat and delightful permanent home, holiday cottage or a great investment in one of the most beautiful areas in the Great Southern, then this is it! Walpole boasts some of the cleanest air on the planet, surrounded by numerous nature parks with ancient forests, pristine rivers, the Southern Ocean and endless award-winning beaches and tourist attractions.
This original 1977 cottage is situated on an 809 m2 block and has undergone a complete makeover in recent years. It maintained some of its old-world charm and delightful quaintness but now boasts a modern kitchen, a new shower, a fireplace, new ceilings in some of the rooms and the home has been restumped.
The cottage has a typical layout of the 1970’s including a front and back deck. Enter through the front door and an open plan kitchen/dining/lounge is on your right. Immediately behind is bedroom 2 overlooking the gorgeous back garden. To the left of the entrance, you’ll find the main en suite with a shower, toilet and basin while the centre corridor leads to a laundry cum bathroom on the left – with a big bath and extra toilet. Bedroom 3/sleepout is on the right facing the backyard.
Gleaming jarrah floors greet you at the entrance. Immediately on the right is a practical kitchen with quality self-closing drawers, a breakfast bar, a single sink and a freestanding oven/hob. The lounge, with a cosy fireplace in the corner, is spacious and inviting. Large windows throughout the home ensure that all the rooms are always bright and fresh, regardless of the weather.
Behind the lounge is a queen size bedroom with a large window overlooking the back deck and gardens. It doesn’t have any built-in cupboards but there is enough space to add a cupboard if needed whereas the main en suite is spacious with built-in cupboards and a big window overlooking the front deck and yard.
The laundry can be accessed through a sliding door, with ample space for a washing machine and dryer, a wash trough, big bath and a handy second toilet.
The property is fully enclosed, so safe for kids and pets. Side access to the private backyard is through an under-roof carport where you’ll find a small shed, a chook pen and an established, easy-care garden with numerous vege patches.
The home is well positioned, enjoys privacy and is only a 2 minute walk to the Walpole Jetty and Inlet. The Bibbulmun track connection is also only 2 minutes’ walk from this home which means that you can be on the squeaky-clean Coalmine Beach within a 30-minute leisurely walk, only 2.4 km. No need to fight the traffic for an hour to find a quiet spot and crispy cool sea breezes, it’s literally on your doorstep. Here’s your chance to make a positive change for your health and lifestyle without breaking the piggy bank, so make a decision.
It’s rare to find a neat property like this for sale – especially in this price class, so act quickly! You can’t go wrong, whether nesting, resting or investing.
What you need to know:
- Fully renovated, neat 1977 cottage within 2 minutes’ walk to the Walpole Town Jetty and the Bibbulmun Track
- Recently renovated and upgraded consisting of an open plan living area, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 decks, secure block of 809 m2 and a gorgeous established garden
- Water tank, new fireplace, new kitchen, new shower, restumped, new ceilings in places, good size bedrooms
- The Walpole Country Club for golfing and bowling enthusiasts are just 8 minutes’ drive away
- Pristine beaches, the Valley of the Giants, the Giant Tingle Tree, Monastery Landing, Hilltop Look Out, the Circular Pool and many more top tourist attractions are within a short drive
- Denmark is roughly 50 minutes’ drive away and the famous Green’s Pool around 40 minutes
- A huge variety of activities are available in the area including fishing (all year round as the Inlet remains open to the sea), swimming, yachting, surfing, biking, walking trails, kayaking, 4×4 driving, forest walks and trails, wildlife and bird watching, wildflowers and orchards in season etc.
- Instantaneous gas
- Rates and taxes are only $1,578.50 per year and the owner’s current water use and service charge is around $130 per month
- If you’re a qualified buyer, please call the exclusive agent Jess for a private viewing.
- Escape, breathe, prosper and enjoy…